Home Health Aide
The purpose of this 75-hour program is to prepare students for employment as Basic Health Care Workers or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in this field. The program sequence of instruction consists of 2 occupational completion points.
- Basic Healthcare Worker (90 hours)
- Home Health Aide (75 hours)
- Apply principles of nutrition.
- Provide care for geriatric patients.
- Apply the principles of infection control specific to Home Health Aide.
- Provide Bio-psycho-social support.
- Perform supervised organizational functions, following the patient plan of care.
- Assist with rehabilitative activities.
- Perform Home Health-Care services
- Must complete a TABE Test for Reading, Language, and Math
- Uniforms are mandatory. Navy Blue Scrubs and Leather Sneakers.
How to Register?
Registration is Monday – Thursday in the Vocational Office, Room 2333 between 3:00-8:00 pm
Monday – Thursday | 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Office: (305) 981-6774