To gain employment as a Dialysis Technician in a Dialysis center, hospital setting or other medical facility.
The program sequence of instruction consists of the following:
- Basic Health Care Worker- (90 hours)
- Dialysis Technician 1- (255 hours)
- Dialysis Technician 2- (255 hours)
- Understand the functions of the urinary system
- Utilize equipment and supplies specific to dialysis.
- Gather supplies needed to conduct the hemodialysis treatment.
- Take vitals and collect blood specimens as required
- Visual and report changes in patient’s behavior while performing dialysis.
- Cannulate assess and confirm blood flow direction in patient’s access, including but not limited to signs of infection and patency.
- Follow physician’s medical orders, including but not limited to treatment length, blood flow rates dialysis type and concentration.
- Ensure patient safety as related to permanent monitor patients
- Describe the patient’s probable prognosis when dry weight is not reached.
- Must complete a TABE test for Reading, Language, and Math
- Uniforms are mandatory. Teal Scrubs and Sneakers.
- Must obtain 600 hours to complete the program
How to Register?
Registration is Monday-Thursday in the Vocational Office, Room 2333 between 3:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday | 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday | 5:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Office: (305) 981-6774