Are You Someone Who?
- Has a creative style
- Has outstanding customer service skills
- Enjoys working with others
- Enjoys making people look & feel good
- Has good interpersonal skills
- Is patient
If so, then we would like to invite you to our School of Beauty & Cosmetology at North Miami Adult Education Center.
This program is designed to develop student’s technical skills and professional development. The cosmetology program offers a wide range of beauty services such as shampooing, haircutting, coloring, chemical reconstruction, styling of hair, adding hair extensions, as well as sanitation, HIV and OSHA education. Furthermore, students are also trained to perform manicures, pedicures, artificial nails, facial, facial makeup and waxing.
- TABE: Must take the TABE test and score a Grade Equivalent of 9.0 for Reading, 8.0 for Math and Language.
- UNIFORM: Pink and Black Scrubs
- TEXTBOOK: Mandatory for all students to purchase from the bookstore. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- SUPPLIES: Notebook, USB Drive, Pen and Pencil, as well as other supplies required by the INSTRUCTOR.
- CLASS HOURS: Monday-Thursday 3:00pm-8:00pm
- ATTENDANCE: You must be present and on time to receive credit. In the event that you are unable to attend class due to illness of self or relatives, family emergency, you must bring a doctor’s notes to receive an excused absence.
- TEST AND QUIZZES: There will be a quiz/test after each completed chapter. Passing score is 75%; any score under 75% students may retake the test upon instructor discretion.
How To Register?
Registration is open
Monday-Thursday in Room 2333 at 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm