Home Health Aide
Basic Healthcare Worker (90 hours)
Program Structure: This course is a pre-requisite course to any of the Allied Health Programs offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools. This course will allow students to explore health occupations related to Allied Health Careers as well as learn basic skills that will allow them to gain entry into subsequent Allied Health Courses.
- Knowledge of healthcare delivery system and health occupations
- Legal and ethical responsibilities
- Recognize and practice safety and security procedures
- Recognize and practice infection control procedures
- Demonstrate employability skills
- Apply basic Math and Science skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of blood borne diseases, including HIV/AIDS
Requirements: Must complete a TABE Test for Reading, Language, and Math.
Uniforms: Uniform is mandatory!
- Navy Blue Scrubs
- Leather Sneakers
- Minimal Jewelry
How to Register: Registration is Monday – Thursday in the Vocational Office, Room 1259 between 3:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday | 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Office: (305) 981-6774