Program Structure: The purpose of this 75-hour program is to prepare students for employment as electrocardiograph aides SOC Code 29-2031 or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in this field.
The program sequence of instruction consists of 2 occupational completion points.
- Basic Healthcare Worker (90 hours)
- EKG Aide (75 hours)
- Locate heart and surrounding structures
- Trace the flow of blood through the cardiopulmonary system
- Identify and describe the electrical conduction system
- Describe the function of the autonomic nervous system
- Calibrate and standardize the cardiograph instrument
- Identify three types of lead system
- Identify patient and verify the requisition order
- State Einthoven’s triangle
- Perform a 12 lead EKG
- Take patient’s vitas in preparation for cardiovascular diagnostic testing and report abnormalities
Requirements: Must complete a TABE Test for Reading, Language, and Math.
Uniforms: Uniform is mandatory!
- Navy Blue Scrubs
- Leather Sneakers
How to Register: Registration is Monday – Thursday in the Vocational Office, Room 1259 between 3:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday | 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Office: (305) 981-6774